Organized by four communities of women in technology, Women Tech Makers launches its #WTMDareToBe event to promote the inclusion of the female quota in this sector
Women tech makers, annually, on International Women's Day (WID) carry out a campaign, in pursuit of its mission to build a world in which all women prosper in technology and, particularly this year that the organization International UN Women proposed to channel actions under the slogan "DIGIT ALL: for an inclusive digital world: innovation and technology for gender equality."
Read more content like this at: thewomanpost.com
What is the meaning of this #WTMDareToBe campaign?
Due to socio-cultural and even family impositions, women often have been instilled with an unfounded fear of pursuing their dreams and finding themselves professionally and professionally in certain fields and activities, limiting their immense possibilities of fully developing.
With the message of this campaign, the organizers propose to inculcate in the attendees:
• Courageously achieve the proposed objectives and goals.
• Do not allow others to dictate what you can or cannot be.
• Be authentic and original.
• Have the courage to defend what one believes.
• Recognize the unique and unrepeatable that we contribute.
The communities linked to the event have been promoting the inclusion of more women in STEM careers, programming, engineering, digital design and animation, video games, and others, so that they find opportunities to expand and strengthen their knowledge, have the support of other women and companies who actively promote greater participation and gender equality in the technology sector.
- Google Women Techmakers, leaders of the STEAM community.
- LinkedIn Local Colombia, the LinkedIn community in Colombia
- Atrae For Communities, a community initiative of Atrae Negocios, Consulting, and business services.
- InTech MOM, is a foundation to train pregnant and lactating women.
- Now that we have your attention, we tell you that there are two dates: March 21 in person at the EAN University of Bogotá, Colombia, and March 25 in virtual mode. #WTMDaretoBe Registration: https://eventostech.org
What will the attendees of DARE BE leave with?
- Listen to the experiences and approaches of relevant speakers in the sector and the Tech industry.
- Valuable contacts and connections
- Inspiration to belong to the community of women in technology. Tools for greater employability.
- Workshops focused on generating a positive impact on each one.
Undoubtedly, this event points to a latent need worldwide, which is combined with the theme that was raised as a priority of the sixty-seventh period of sessions of the legal and social commission for women, in which it is affirmed that the organizations and companies must focus on “innovation and technological change, and education in the digital age to achieve gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls”.
According to the UN Women's Gender Snapshot 2022 report, excluding women from the digital world has slashed $1 trillion from the gross domestic product in low- and middle-income countries over the past decade, and if not, immediate action is taken, these numbers will increase. Therefore, the inclusion of women in digital environments requires urgent and immediate action by business, social, and above all, educational actors.
- If you know of a friend, family member, or young woman who could be very useful to join the communities and receive valuable information for their training, pass this information on to them! At The Woman Post, we love to publicize these initiatives and thus empower more women internationally every day! #WTMDateToBe. Links to know more: https://eventostech.org
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *